Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm never doing THAT again!

Yesterday was the first day back at PH after the holiday weekend, and I didn't go. Do you want to know what happened? Ok.

I was snoozing along with my alarm, and I just couldn't seem to wake up. I hadn't gotten to sleep in for a few days, and I was worn out. As I was trying to wake up, all I could think about was how I wasn't going to be able to handle the walk home in the afternoon. So I called and told them I had a headache. I really do get bad headaches, but I didn't have one yesterday.

I immediately felt guilty, though I was too tired to feel the effects fully. What I did feel was guilt that my husband had already gotten up and showered so he'd be ready to take me, and no longer needing to do that, he had over an hour to wait before he needed to go to work. So I stole sleep from someone I love.

Hours later, when I finally woke up for good, I started to feel worse and worse. The thing is, I really like PH. Since I've started going, I've felt less lonely and bored. I've had something to do. Not being there made me realize how much I want to be there.

So the lesson learned is that I need to not worry about making it through the day and just think about how much I'm going to miss if I don't go. I really hope I remember that, because I don't want to make the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment