Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weight Watcher success!!!

Tomorrow is my 3rd weigh in and the end of my 2nd week on WW. And I'm doing GREAT!

Last week I lost 5.2 pounds! And since I was sick, that was without exercise. This week, I've still been doing well, and I even fit in a workout the last two days. I feel hopeful about my weigh in.

I've had a much BIGGER success, though. Last night, I had the urge to binge. And guess what! I didn't! Here's how: The cravings set in, and I knew that I did not want to throw away all my hard work. I was only in the second week, but I wasn't willing to give up on myself. So I distracted myself by calling a friend. Then, I focused on how good it would feel to be in control of the cravings. I told myself that waking up the next morning knowing I had resisted a binge would be a very powerful feeling. So I went to bed still wanting to eat, and when I woke up this morning, I got a big smile on my face thinking about the victory. Here's what I plan to tell myself from now on when I want to binge:

"The victory of being in control makes me feel far better than any food ever could."

This works because I am an instant gratification kind of girl. I want to be happy now, no matter how miserable it makes me feel in the future. That's why I binge. But the power of knowing I had control kicks in within a few hours. It's not instant gratification, but it's a lot more immediate than losing 100 lbs!

Anyway, I am thrilled about this victory. I'm also fairly certain I've never done anything like that in my life. I've ALWAYS given into the cravings. And now I know: I can be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment