Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

A New (and Last) Hope

I found out that my insurance approved me for partial hospitalization. I have a feeling I'm going to be using that phrase a lot, so from now on, partial hospitalization = PH. I start the day after tomorrow at 9:00 AM (This = YIKES for a girl that normally sleeps in every day.) I am going to spend 6 1/2 hours a day three days a week there. My psychiatrist is happy because I won't be able to sleep all day and I will get exercise. The hospital is a mile away, and although my husband is going to drop me off in the morning, I have to walk home in the afternoon. This should be fine when it's not too hot out, but holy moly is it hot and humid today. Overall, I'm excited about this new experience and the people I'm going to meet.

SIDE NOTE: Want to hear something that's oh so predictable if you take into account my food problems? I'm excited to eat in the hospital cafeteria. I'm pretty sure that excitement will fade as soon as I discover that it's as mediocre as most hospital food, but until then, I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be back in a couple of days to let you know how the first day (including the food) goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment